The colours play a crucial role in the kitchen. They set the tone and mood of the space. You can choose various colour combinations to create the perfect kitchen design for yourself. Popularly, modern kitchen interior designs feature a bright and cheerful colour scheme. These colour combinations make the kitchen appear brighter and more spacious. However, you can opt for warm and slightly bold colour combinations as well. In many cases, homeowners add their favourite colours to give the space a more personal touch. Depending on the kitchen design idea and your preferences, you can choose almost any kitchen colour combination. In case you are not sure about the best option for your kitchen, here are a few ideas you can consider:
01 of 03 Blue and grey with brown wooden furnishings
Many people have beautiful wooden furnishings in the kitchen that add a warm feel to the space. You can further highlight the warmth of the furnishings by adding a combination of blue and grey to your kitchen. Both these colours are neutral colours and create a soothing look in your kitchen. If you want a refreshing look, give your brown wooden furnishings a new coat of light brown paint. For a richer look, choose brownish to greenish greys instead of regular greys with gold strokes. However, if you have varnished antique brown colour hardware, you should use it as a contrasting edge. To give the kitchen interior design a more relaxing and natural vibe, you can add grey and blue wooden furnishings to your kitchen walls.
- This is one of the most versatile kitchen colour combinations you can find. You can use this colour combination in various types of interior kitchen design ideas. Also, it has a contrasting element that adds more visual interest.
- This colour combination will make your kitchen interior design warmer and more inviting.
- This colour combination is focused more on making the interiors functional than beautiful.
- You will have to be careful while picking your appliances. If you have pale blue appliances in the kitchen, a light blue wall will not appear great in the background.
02 of 03 Black, white, and gold
If you love spending time in the kitchen and cooking for long hours, this is a colour combination you ought to try. With black, white, and gold, you can give your kitchen interior design a very elegant and sophisticated look. A popular combination is choosing a black stove top with white and gold fixtures. You can find this colour combination in many modern and traditional spaces. Moreover, the colour combination reduces the maintenance requirements of your kitchen interiors and ensures you lead a relaxing lifestyle.
- If your plates stay displayed in the kitchen, this colour combination will complement the look.
- This is a versatile colour combination and can be used in traditional and contemporary kitchen designs.
- The kitchen has a striking and bold appearance because of the black.
- You may not be able to keep this colour combination for very long. Even if you slightly switch the elements, it will start appearing overused after a few months.
- If you do not have an up-to-date kitchen design, you will have to renovate it for the colour combination. This will increase your expenses significantly.
03 of 03 Pearl white and wooden brown
When you are not sure about the colour combination, you can always choose white for your kitchen. White can be used in almost any kitchen interior design. For a more appealing look, choose pearl white. When combined with wooden brown, the colour combination creates a very warm and inviting setup. You can easily cook in this kitchen for long hours as it will have a serene and relaxing atmosphere. Also, cooking in this kitchen would be more fun as you feel invited. The colour combination is perfect for contemporary spaces. However, it will be great for creating a rustic appearance as well.
- Pearl white and the natural shade of wood complement each other perfectly.
- You can add darker elements to the kitchen. Since white has been used, it will make the dark elements visually more striking.
- You do not have to worry about changing the colour combination when adding modern kitchen appliances and fixtures. This colour combination is perfect for modern setups.
- If you use cheap quality paint for the kitchen, this colour combination will start appearing dull very soon. Hence, you will have to repaint it again to keep the spark.
- Although white is an amazing colour, it will require a lot of maintenance if your kitchen stays busy. Otherwise, the colour will start appearing unappealing. If you ignore maintenance for too long, you will have to repaint.